ROYCO® 886 and ROYCO 889
SYNTHETIC COMPRESSOR LUBRICANTS (NOMINAL ISO VG 100 and 150)
ROYCO® 886 and ROYCO® 889 are polyalkylene glycol-based (PAG-based) synthetic lubricants formulated for use in gas
compression applications that require wide operating temperature ranges and minimum interaction between the lubricant
and the process gas.
ROYCO 886 and ROYCO 889 are intended for the lubrication of flooded rotary screw and vane-type compressors
processing carbon dioxide, natural gas or other hydrocarbon gases.
ROYCO 886 and ROYCO 889 may also be used as cylinder lubricants for reciprocating compressors processing natural
gas, carbon dioxide and other gases that require chemical resistance in a nominal ISO 100 or ISO 150 viscosity grade,
• Resists wash off by hydrocarbon gases and liquids
• Resists absorption into the gas phase and carry-over of the lubricant downstream
• Minimizes dilution effects due to insolubility of the lubricant with hydrocarbons
• Higher film-strength that traditional lubricants
• Protects against corrosion
• Fully compatible with most compressor component materials, including: seals, gaskets, hoses, etc.
RECOMMENDED: Acetone, Alcohol, Asbestos, Butyl Dioxtol, Chlorinated Solvents, Glycol Ether, Neoprene, Epoxy Paint,
Silicone Rubber, Toluene, Torlon (AMOCO), Vespal (DuPont), and Viton (DuPont).
APPLICATION DEPENDENT: Ethylene Glycol, Triethanolamine and Water.
NOT RECOMMENDED: Gasoline, Glycerol, Heptane, Kerosene, Leather, Methanol and Oil-based paint.
ROYCO® 886 and ROYCO® 889 are available in 5-gallon pails and 55-gallon drums. Other packages may be available upon request.